Saturday, July 10, 2010

Trying to be non-redundant...

Well here we go again.. I am starting a new blog.

After spending a considerable amount of time/energy on political oriented blogs I decided that I just didn't care anymore. Well not that I didn't care.. I do care.. quite a bit actually. My opinions and the fact that I have a ton of them and like to get up on my soapbox all the time has not changed. However I realized that I don't think anyone really was listening. So why bother throw any kind of time/effort/energy into it if it means nothing to anyone? Most of my "friends" usually agree with me.. and those that don't usually know better then to open their mouths... as Charles Wang said:

"If we both agree on everything, then one of us is redundant"...

So there is really no point to preaching to the choir.. for now you will just have to deal with me ranting in person and the occasional verbal beat down on someone else's facebook posting. (For the record I still consider myself to be undefeated).

I am one of those people who likes to be involved with many things at once. The consequence is that nothing really gets 100% of my effort.. And when you already have to spend 40+ hours per week at work, and then you have a family that you spend time/energy with, there is very little left to go toward "extras".

Soo after some thought and pondering I decided to somewhat clean house of my involvements. It really didn't mean any actual changes as most of the other things I had going on were dieing out anyway. The biggest thing is just establishing a better time management practice with the time that I had available. And after all is said and done I decided that if I had to pursue just one of my "passions" it would be photography. And not just the photography that I had been doing the last few years.. the kind that i started with... what got me into the art in the first place.

Now don't get me wrong.. I have enjoyed thoroughly taking family portraits for my close friends and their friends and their friends of friends (and so on..)... and I will continue to do so for the time being. Creative Designs Photography has been a excellent vehicle for me to learn and practice my art behind the viewfinder and in PhotoShop. However as you can imagine there are only so many shots of "Baby on pillow with rose petals around him/her" that you can take, and so many hours smoothing skin and removing backdrop wrinkles, before realizing your not growing as a photographer. And you know.... while I am spending all that time in my nice controlled home studio environment there is a whole world out there full of "moments" that crave being captured.. I need to get out and start getting my piece of the pie.

This blog is just one of the things I am doing to re-invigorate myself within photography... an attempt to break free of the plateau I have found myself in and grow into the next level (what ever that is). What am I going to write about? Well any number of things. Maybe I'll talk about the shoots I send myself out on.. or maybe I will philosophize about theory and art... and maybe from time to time I'll throw up a tutorial or technical discussion..

I have no idea who is going to read this.. I hope at least my close friends and photographer buddies... I have no idea how often I will post.. maybe several times in a day.. maybe nothing for a few weeks... Please feel free to comment on my postings.. I wanna hear the good or the bad. Hopefully more good then bad.

{beep} turn the page..

No comments:

Post a Comment